On this page:
1 Use of Information obtained through the website or other platforms
The Services are designed to provide support services and information for people caring for someone that is dying or suffering from a terminal illness.
The information and material accessed through the Services, including (but not limited to) any advice or information provided on the website or by a Violet Guide or Violet administration staff through any means (Information) is provided for general informational purposes only and does not cater to the circumstances or needs of individual Users. No Information is intended to be used or relied on as clinical, medical or professional advice. Users access the Services, and rely on the Information, at their own risk.
2 Registration on Violet
To access or use some of the Services, you must provide us with complete and up-to-date registration information, as requested. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your registration information.
3 Access and use of services
You acknowledge and agree that we may:
• make changes to or discontinue the operation of the Services at any time and with or without notice to you;
• monitor your access to and use of the Services; and
Your access to the Services depends on telecommunications and internet service providers and other external factors and we do not guarantee the availability of the Services at all times or at any specific times.
While we will take precautions to ensure the Services are secure, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to, from or using the Services and you do so at your own risk.
4 Conduct on our website and other platforms
You must not submit, upload, post or transmit material to, on or through any of the Services that:
• is offensive, unlawful, defamatory, false or misleading, discriminatory, unsuitable for minors or of an abusive, obscene, offensive or menacing nature;
• contains nudity, swear words or excessive violence;
• is reasonably likely to offend others;
• contains advertising or is otherwise submitted, upload, posted or transmitted for commercial purposes;
• violates or infringes (or the use of which violates or infringes) the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
• contains personal information of any person (such as name, address, email address, phone number), except with the relevant person’s permission; or
• contains financial, legal, medical or other professional advice.
You must not use the Services to:
• conduct any illegal activity;
• cause annoyance or inconvenience to any person including other Users or staff or volunteers of Violet; or
• harvest information about other Users, or staff or volunteers of Violet for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending of, unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
5 Disclaimer of warranties and representations
Except as required by law, we give no express or implied warranties or guarantees, and make no representations, in relation to the Services. In particular, we do not warrant or represent:
• information accessed through the Services is accurate, complete or suitable for any purpose;
• the website is free from any computer viruses or defects; or
• your access to the Services will be continuous or uninterrupted.
6 Our liability
7 Links to third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites that are not operated or controlled by us. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not be current. Provision of a link should not be construed as an endorsement or approval of the third party website by us.
Copyright in the material in or available on the website is owned by us or our licensors.
Users may download information from the website and print out that information, but only for their own private, non-commercial use. Except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), no part of the website (including any material posted on the website) may be reproduced, copied, published, framed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without our prior written consent. Requests for consent should be directed to us using the contact details below.
11 Changes to these terms and conditions
We may amend these terms and conditions from time to time by posting the amended version on the website. Subsequent or continuing use of the Services will constitute acceptance of any changes.
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post: Violet c/o WeWork, 5 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000
Updated May 2019